This is the seventh and last of a series of blogs about the chakras, the energy centres, in our bodies: the seventh chakra is the Crown Chakra.
The Crown Chakra is located on top of our heads. Just as the Base Chakra connects us to the Earth, the Crown Chakra connects us to our spirituality and a Higher Consciousness: to God, the Divine, the Universe, the Higher Self, the White Light, the Source or the Almighty. Anyway we want to call it.
The crown chakra is connected with the colour purple or white. The power of the crown chakra helps our spirituality and universal knowledge. We cultivate feelings of bliss and gratitude. We are happy to be alive and we feel connected, safe and guided.
When this chakra is off balance, we either are too much in our heads, we are obsessed with the spiritual realm and are disconnected from our bodies; or we are cynical, close minded and do not have any faith or belief to help us through our lives. This results in problems such as isolation and loneliness, inability to connect with others and lack of direction and goals.
The physical parts of the body related to the crown chakra, are the brain and the nervous system.
Therefore, if this chakra is unbalanced, we might have physical issues such as neurological disorders, Alzheimer’s, Schizophrenia, depression, headaches and migraines.
So how to take care of our seventh chakra?
1. We can repeat the following affirmations:
• I am a divine being connected to a higher power
• I know my own spiritual truth and I live in alignment with it on a daily basis.
• I am constantly connected to my highest self
• Every day I am open to divine guidance and love
2. We can use the colour purple in our clothing especially covering the actual chakra.
3. We can also use purple or white/clear crystals, such as Amethyst, clear quartz and moonstone. We can wear them or place them on the placement of the chakra while lying down.
4. A cleanse or body detox can support the Crown chakra’s function as it is basically a spiritual chakra and heavy and complex food might hinder the connection.
5. We can also use essential oils such as Frankincense or Lime.
6. Meditation is very important to open up the connection and receive guidance just as much as the Third Eye chakra.
7. Physical activities such and dance or yoga help the spiritual/physical balance needed to activate the crown chakra.