This is the third of a series of seven blogs about the chakras, the energy centres in our bodies: the third chakra is the solar plexus chakra.
The Solar plexus chakra is located in the upper abdomen 2 inches above the navel, and it is a part of the 3 lower chakras: Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras. Basically dealing with the physical aspect of the body.
The solar plexus chakra is connected with the colour yellow. It has to do with our personality and identity. The power of the solar plexus chakra helps us with self-esteem, willpower, self-control and courage.
So when this chakra is off balance, we fall for low self-esteem and pessimism. We are unable to step up to our true potential and we easily fall prey to criticism and rejection.
There are also cases of arrogance showing the imbalance of this chakra, as this is a coping mechanism to cover for the low self-esteem.
Cases of depression, low expectations and aspirations are a sign of a blockage of the Solar Plexus chakra.
The physical parts of the body related to the solar plexus chakra, are the stomach, gallbladder, spleen, liver and pancreas. Basically, the organs which are around the location of the chakra. So if this chakra is unbalanced, we might have physical issues such as indigestion, diabetes, excess weight around the stomach, fatigue, ulcers, IBS, etc..
So how to take care of your first chakra: your root chakra?
1. We can repeat the following affirmations:
I am strong
I stand in my power
I am worthy of love, kindness and respect
I am the embodiment of inner peace and confidence
I accomplish tasks easily and effortlessly
2. We can use the colour yellow in our clothing especially covering the actual chakra.
3. We can also use yellow crystals, such as citrine, amber and yellow sapphire. We can wear them or we can place them on the placement of the chakra while lying down.
4. We can also eat yellow coloured food, such as bananas and corn.
5. We can also use some essential oils like ginger, geranium and black pepper.
6. We can do some yoga such as the warrior pose which inspires self confidence and the sun salutation which imbues us with the yellow ray.
7. We can do a short visualization while sitting and centering ourselves and imagining a yellow ball of light in front of our stomach and imagine ourselves being empowered by this energy.
Looking forward to the talking to you about the fourth Chakra: the Heart Chakra.