The Sacral chakra is located in the lower abdomen below the navel, and it is a part of the 3 lower chakras: Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras. Basically dealing with the physical aspect of the body.
The sacral chakra is connected with the colour orange. It has to do with our creativity, relationships and sexuality. The power of the sacral chakra helps us form healthy and balanced relationships including the intimate ones. It helps the flow of creativity and expression.
So when this chakra is off balance, we fall for inadequate relationships. We are unable to detach for fear of losing control of any relationship even with our job. We have a blockage of creativity. We might not even have a good relationship with ourselves. We find no pleasure or fun in any activities.
Cases of low confidence, lack of motivation and lack of interest in artistic expression are related to a poor functioning of the sacral chakra.
The physical parts of the body related to the sacral chakra, are the sexual organs, bladder and lower back. So if this chakra is unbalanced, we might have physical issues such as lower back pain, infertility, sexual problems or urinary tracts problems.
So how to take care of your first chakra: your root chakra?
1. We can repeat the following affirmations:
I attract people who treat me with respect.
I enjoy pleasure in all areas of my life.
My emotions are free flowing and balanced.
I am a creative being.
It is my birthright to receive pleasure.
2. We can use the colour orange in our clothing especially covering the actual chakra.
3. We can also use orange crystals, such as orange calcite or carnelian. We can wear them or we can place them on the placement of the chakra while lying down.
4. We can also eat orange food, such as carrots, oranges or apricots.
5. We can also use some essential oils like Clary sage, cardamom and orange.
6. We can do some activities to bring us pleasure and fun. Such as dancing, running, swimming or sky diving. These are totally up to us to define. What makes us joyful and happy?
7. There are also a lot of sacral chakra activation guided meditations online that we can look up and practice every day, which will be of great help.
Looking forward to the talking to you about the third Chakra: the Solar Plexus Chakra.