This is the sixth of a series of seven blogs about the chakras, the energy centres, in our bodies: the sixth chakra is the Third Eye Chakra.
The Third Eye Chakra is located on the forehead between the eyebrows. It is my personal favourite chakra, if I had to pick one that is optimally working all the time.
The third eye chakra is connected with the colour indigo; it is a colour between blue and purple. The power of the third eye chakra helps our intuition, perception, clear vision and knowingness.
When this chakra is off balance, we face the inability to make decisions based on our inner knowing. We have trouble balancing our emotions and our reason. We do not have a sense of purpose in life. This leads to cases of depression, aggression, feeling pointless, lacking direction and paranoia.
The physical parts of the body related to the third eye chakra, are obviously the eyes, but also the sinuses, the brain, the pituitary and pineal glands.
Therefore, if this chakra is unbalanced, we might have physical issues such as migraines, sinusitis, eyes and vision problems, insomnia and hormonal problems.
So how to take care of our sixth chakra?
1. We can repeat the following affirmations:
• I see connections and the deeper truth
• I trust my intuition to guide me through my life
• I open myself to insights and clarity
• It is safe for me to see the truth
• I always honour and follow my intuition
2. We can use the colour indigo in our clothing especially covering the actual chakra.
3. We can also use blue or purple crystals, such as Amethyst, and Lapis Lazuli. We can wear them or place them on the placement of the chakra while lying down.
4. We can also eat blue/purple coloured food such as grapes, eggplant, purple kale, blueberries, purple sweet potatoes and blackberries.
5. We can also use essential oils such as Lavender and Clary Sage.
6. We can build the good habit of having a good sleep/wake patterns and to pay attention to our dreams as they carry a lot of wisdom.
7. Meditation is very important to get intuitive messages and guidance.
Looking forward to talking to you about the seventh chakra: the crown chakra.