This is the sixth of a series of seven blogs about the chakras, the energy centres, in our bodies: the sixth chakra is the Third Eye Chakra. The Third Eye
This is the fifth of a series of seven blogs about the chakras, the energy centres, in our bodies: the fifth chakra is the Throat Chakra. The Throat Chakra is
This is the fourth of a series of seven blogs about the chakras, the energy centres, in our bodies: the fourth chakra is the Heart Chakra. The Heart Chakra is
This is the third of a series of seven blogs about the chakras, the energy centres in our bodies: the third chakra is the solar plexus chakra. The Solar plexus
The Sacral chakra is located in the lower abdomen below the navel, and it is a part of the 3 lower chakras: Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras. Basically
As promised, I will start my series of talks about the chakras by talking about the root chakra.
This is the first chakra located along the spine at the level of the tailbone, and it is a part of the 3 lower chakras: Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus Chakras. Basically dealing with the physical aspect of the body.
The root chakra is connected with the colour red. It has to do with our survival. We need food & shelter to survive and a sense of belonging. We are also grounded and connected to Earth to gain our balance and to give us root and energy to go on with our days.
So when this chakra is off balance, we feel insecure and unrooted. Cases of anger, rage depression, anxiety, worry and panic are related to a poor functioning of the root chakra. Also lack of focus, lack of energy and drive are all related to a blocked root chakra.
The physical parts of the body related to the root chakra are the adrenals, colon, kidneys, bladder, legs and feet, bones and skeleton.
So how to take care of your first chakra: your root chakra?
1. We can repeat the following affirmations:
I am safe
I am home
I am grounded
I am centered
2. We can use the colour red in our clothing especially covering the actual chakra.
3. We can also use red crystals, such as red jasper or garnet or dark and black crystals such as black tourmaline. We can wear them or we can place them on the placement of the chakra while lying down.
4. We can also eat red food, such as strawberries, beetroot, cherries or tomatoes.
5. We can also use some grounding essential oils like sandalwood, frankincense, rosemary, and Cedar.
6. Most importantly, to activate and align the root chakra: connecting with Earth is essential. We can do that by walking bare feet on the grass or on the sand at the beach. Or just by moving and doing physical activities.
7. If we cannot be in the outdoors, we can visualize ourselves sitting down and our feet are growing red roots connecting down to the centre of the Earth, this should help with the grounding as much as the actual physical activity.
Looking forward to the talk to you about the second Chakra: the Sacral Chakra
Chakras? Have you ever heard the word Chakra? Maybe you were at a yoga class and your yoga teacher kept on talking about straightening the spine to align the chakras
Are you curious how I can help you heal anxiety, stress, depression or relieve any pain or tension without even having to be in the same country that you live in?
- What is distance or remote Reiki healing?
- How is a distance Reiki session conducted?
- What does distance Reiki help heal?
- Do you have any testimonials or success stories?
- Can distance Reiki healing be performed in groups, with people miles apart?
Have a listen below!
- Would you like to know more about how stress is getting us sick?
- What is the Fight of Flight mode?
- What is the Rest and Repair mode?
- Does Reiki or Reflexology or Indian Head Massage change your body’s state from Fight or Flight mode to Rest and Repair?
- Is Self care selfish or is it the best way to take care of others?
Have a listen below!
Work burnout is very common especially amongst women these days. In the attached BusinessTalk Radio interview, I talk about the symptoms of burnout and busy life related depression and how to spot them early enough to deal with them.
After I’ve experienced work burnout first hand many times in my life, ending up with a severe case, which needed medical attention and a long sick leave, I made it my mission to raise awareness on this very important but subtle disease.
If you suspect you are overworking yourself, please listen to the following interview and I hope you find the information I give valuable and practical.
Have a listen below!